The creation of educational opportunities for competitors attending the 2008 Pacific School Games is one of the fundamental targets of the Games.
The 2008 Pacific School Games is committed to maximising both participation and educational outcomes for all involved. This applies to competitors, student volunteers, and the hundreds of Canberra students who will be engaged in performing arts activities at the 2008 PSG ceremonies and events.
Several innovative programs have been established to ensure the 2008 PSG deliver a lasting education legacy. These include:
- School / community visits by 2008 PSG Ambassadors.
- Training programs specially designed to train high school students as technical officials for the games.
- The involvement of ACT schools in a variety of programs and projects such as the development of maps, the 2008 PSG Mascot, assistance at various 2008 PSG events and launches and the development of Student Volunteer Uniforms.
- Activities and competitions for all ACT school children in the quarterly Get Ready Newsletters.
- An array of exciting educational activities for all competitors to be held at National attractions around Canberra during the games.